Skip to content

Site Suggestions

Thanks for taking a few minutes to give your input!

Site Suggestions

Categories

362 results found

1. Hello~ Please, please, please allow the option to not display a date for events on the storefront. It looks like you can just not select a date when you first set up an event, but once one is selected, you don't have the option of un-selecting it. (If there is a way to do this please let me know). Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay on getting this put into place! We went ahead and went with your workaround for now. You can now click a “Clear Date” link that is found next to the date in the event details and it will empty it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

2. I had the case of a client who purchased 400 images in download format and he had to download them all one by one!

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to have the option to input something else as my default State. I live in Stockholm (city), which is part of Stockholm (state), in Sweden. As a wedding photographer, it would be so much more useful to have my storefront events displaying as "Stockholm, Sweden" (city, country) or even "Chuch ABC, Stockholm" (location, city). Right now my events show as "Stockholm, Stockholm". I am manually changing my event "city" for the location name, but it doesn't work when I shoot in a place like Gothenburg, for example (state Västra Götaland and I had to google to find…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Having the ability for my clients to create as multiple favorites folders would be extremely helpful.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You may now create multiple Favorite folders for your clients, which they can then use to sort their favorites into whatever folder they would like. For example, if they have multiple albums that they are selecting the images for, you can provide them with favorite folders labeled "Album 1", "Album 2", etc.

5. I would love to run Cyber Monday specials and holiday specials using every event I posted from the year. However, I do not want my clients to have access to them all year. I wish I could have my event "turn off" after the originally prescribed time but not be deleted so that I could reactivate it for sales.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! As long as you have an active high-resolution subscription, you can do just what you are asking about. Your events can expire whenever you would like them to (after 90 days, for example), and as long as you don’t manually delete them from your account you then re-active them at a later date through the events’ settings pages. If you have additional questions on how this works, please shoot an email to support@instaproofs.com and we can help you out!

6. Can we assign a specific user to download files like in "Permission to hide images" Since there is two email boxes to enter emails for that permission, its most likely these two emails are the bride and groom. They should also get download rights. I dont want their guest to be able to download images unless they buy them in the order.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great suggestion! This is now complete and ready for you to use. Instead of re-using the “hide images” permission for this, a new “download images” permission has been added to the event details screen. Thanks again!

7. I don't offer a huge selection of products to my clients. But for some reason seeing all of my offerings require a click to 'View All Options'. The resulting expanded box still does not reach the full height of the image displayed to the left... so why the added unnecessary click to reveal hidden options?

Could we expand this box by default to reveal as many options as possible? Seems counter intuitive to require extra steps to reveal products we are trying to sell. Perhaps a scroll is appropriate here.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. This can actually already be accomplished through a setting in the “preferences” page within the “Setup” tab. The setting for this is labeled “Initially Displayed Purchase Options” and it can be set to anywhere between 1 and 12 options. The setting is found about a quarter of the way down the “preferences” page.

8. Allow the customer to rotate the crop.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd love to see a UI that doesn't crop my images to square format. While I LOVE Instaproofs, the features it offers and the customer service, I prefer the look and feel of Pixieset - which makes the gallery more appealing to the clients. (i.e.: http://nadiahungphotography.pixieset.com/kseniaandkevin/reception/)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Kate. We are always looking for new design ideas, and we appreciate your suggestion and the link. Although the layout will remain unchanged for now, there is now an option in the preference page that allows you to display the full thumbnails instead of the square-cropped thumbnails. The preference is listed under the name “Internal Thumbnail Display Method.”

10. I would LOVE to have an option to no longer force the thumbnails to crop square. It causes dozens upon dozens of awkward previews on every event I post. I love the look and feel of the new UI, but I'm having a hard time using it with these thumbnails.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This option has now been added. In the “preferences” page, you may now select “Full Image” as an option on the item labeled “Internal Thumbnail Display Method.” This will get rid of the square crops and display full thumbnails in their place. Thank you for your suggestion!

11. I love the sales functionality of Instaproofs but the actual gallery that clients view seems dated and I'm almost embarassed sending it out. Smugmug is what I was using before and like everything about smugmug but the lack of email capture and can't do what Instaproofs does on the sales side.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since we don't have access to hosted images, we should be able to upload a new download image with ease. The current, tiny green arrow found on under the image pane is virtually impossible to find. I may have a solution via CSS but this is not so easy for all users.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WOuld be nice to add instant download full size images, if you cannot host why not make it not instant, but send a request to the photographer to upload the images purchase in full resolution so that they can be sent from instaproofs to the customer .... the images would be available to download one time within a time frame 15 days for exemple....
    on a canon 5D mark 3 a full resolution picture rendered as a jpg end up at 5mb only and offer amazing quality for printing...
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Francois. Full resolution instant downloads are available to all accounts that have an active high-resolution subscription. More details about the high-resolution subscriptions can be found in the “Store” tab of your Instaproofs account.

14. There is a previous image link which is not that useful if you're trying to work through a list and change categories so please add a next image link. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion. The “next image” link is currently being displayed on the edit photo page unless it is the last image in the category. If it is the last image in the category, only the “previous” link will be displayed. If you are moving the images one by one to a new category, it is possible that after the image has been moved it is now the last image in the category that you have moved it to, which would result in no “next” image being displayed (since there is no “next” image in the image’s current category).

15. When viewing the list of favorites it would be nice if there was a 'download all' option that would allow the high-res images to be saved all at once vs. searching for them. Especially when putting together an album.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion! It looks like we somehow overlooked updating this suggestion’s status when the functionality was originally added in the distant past. The ability to download your client’s selected favorites is available through the Favorites pop-up area.
    An additional piece of functionality that is also now available is the ability to send your clients a link to download all of their favorites. Thank you again for your suggestion!

16. More layout options

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Definitely don't want a client to think that I'm witholding an option from them by having it grayed out.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would be awesome if we could choose to hide the event date or location for events on the new storefront, just like the previous version.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. uploading us currently very dated... it can only upload about 50 images at a time... for weddings we have over 200 images for a single gallery and this is very tedious to upload several batches into one gallery...

also it you offered canvas and additional print options and downloadable links that would be a wonderful benefit as well.

thank you much!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestions. We currently have multiple upload methods, and only one of the methods has an upload limit. Please try one of the other upload methods, such as FTP, Lightroom, the non-Java uploader, etc. As for the print options, you are free to add any option that you would like to offer on your storefront. This can be done through the “sizes/sets” page within the “Setup” tab, and it includes the ability to offer digital downloads.

20. I charge for shipping exactly what it costs me. I understand taking perhaps 3% of shipping for card transaction but taking 15% for shipping? My customers wouldnt appreciate a 15% in their shipping cost to make up the difference

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?