Site Suggestions

Thanks for taking a few minutes to give your input!

How can we improve Instaproofs?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add a quick "share/bulk email" link right under the gallery.

It'd be great to be able to quickly hit "share" right under the gallery. As it is now, you have to either copy the link and send an email from your email host site or you have to manually add in the client's email address, then click over to marketing->bulk email and then send. It'd be much more effective to have a short cut right under the gallery.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion! I believe that we may have functionality similar to what you’re looking for already in place. You would still need to add the person’s email address to the gallery, but you can send a bulk email from the Galleries area as follows: Click the Visitors link for your gallery and select the View/Add Email option. Place a checkmark next to the visitors you’d like the email to be sent to (or click on the top checkbox to select them all), and click the “Email Selected Visitors” button. From the resulting pop-up, select the template you’d like to send, and click the Send button. And that should do it! Add a comment back to this suggestion and let us know if this will work for you. Thanks again!

2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new site - Custom Photo Window

The new site is painfully SLOW. OMG. Still waiting on being able to expand and crop a custom photo for the category/gallery windows (featured image) -- not just the center/center, top/center, etc alignment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your comments. I’m sorry to hear that things seem to be running slow for you. This isn’t something that we’ve heard from others, but we’d be happy to look into it for you. What specific page(s) are giving you the most trouble?

4. Separate Individual Download and Favorite Downloads into 2 functions.

Message from support - "At this time the Favorites Download is attached to the Individual Download option and they can't be separated. You might add this idea to the Suggestion box, maybe our guys can figure out a way to make this into different options."

link to graphic
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0j27vjrdexrmj6/download_suggestion.png?dl=0

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dexter, can you provide a scenario where this would be useful? There is no way to limit the number of favorites that your clients can select, which means that if downloading favorites is enabled independently of the individual image download permissions, your clients could still download all of the images in the gallery. They would simply mark all of the images as a favorite, and then download their favorites.

5. viewing unactivated galleries

I'm not sure if it is just my system, but I can not view an event until it actually goes live. When I am trying to see how my catagory and main images look and proof everything before sending off to the client, unless I activate the gallery, the specific link says "your device may not be connected" then defaults to my store homepage, where the event does not show until I activate it. It would be good for admin to be able to proof and view events before taking them live.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments and suggestions! One possible workaround for you is to set the “Show on Homescreen” setting to No for the gallery until you’re ready for it to be viewed by your clients. That way you can still view it through a direct link, but it isn’t displayed as an option on your homescreen until you want it to be.

6. Remove the watermark on featured gallery and featured category images on high resolution displays

I like it for the images inside the gallery but it seems unnecessary to have them on the trophy featured images. It looks cluttered and when I first bought my 4k monitor and saw it for the first time, I thought it was a developing error. Perhaps there's at least a way to make it look cleaner?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow a limited number of single downloads and charge per each additional

Have a function that allows clients to download a certain number of free images and then allow us to charge per each additional image download. Would work well for events like mini sessions where we can upsell the additional digitals.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Millers as a lab

Add Millers Lab as a auto fulfill

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic Unique Coupon Codes

You website is almost perfect! We need the capability of providing clients unique coupon codes which can automatically be inserted into emails.

For example:

We photograph 3000 families at one event. 1000 receive a coupon code for $5, 1000 receive a coupon code for $10, and 1000 receive a coupon code for $15.

We cannot give one coupon code, such as 5discount, to all the $5 recipients because A) they'll figure out they can use this more than once and B) even if we limit the usage number to 1000, the people who figured out they could use more than…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to add print sizes and prices together

maybe I'm not doing this properly, but I dont see a way to add print sizes and their pricing.. it would be great to have it in the same page as 'modify pricing template' where you have the list of sizes.. just to 'add new' and go from there

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically allow individual downloads for events

Instead of having to manually allow downloads for each category of an event, I'd love to see an option where you can check to automatically allow downloads for the whole event or for all categories. This gets very tedious to do!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion, Tara! There is currently an option to allow downloads from ALL categories when you are defining download permissions for individual email addresses; will this work for what you are hoping for?

13. make natural sort the default

its frustrating to have to sort this manually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! To have your images sorted correctly each time you upload, without having to select “Natural Sort”, have your image export software pad your images to 4 places before (or during) the upload process. For example, instead of uploading "category-01’ upload ‘category-0001’, and instead of ‘category-119’, using ‘category-0119.’ Doing this will allow your images to display in the correct sequence with no additional action needed on your end after the images are uploaded.

14. allow me to delete more than one event at a time.

I have 200 events that I need to bring down to 15... this will take me a lot of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Switching images between a category and event

I want to be able to select multiple images within an event and switch them to another event within a category? How can I do that?? That feature is not available yet?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion! I’m not 100% sure what you mean with this, however, if you are trying to move your images from one category to another within the same event there is a way to do this. Head into the “Manage Photos” page that contains your images, place a checkmark next to the images you’d like to move, and then click the “Edit Selected” link at the top of the page. From the Edit screen you can select a new category to move your images into. Will that work for what you need?

16. Mobile App on secure server https

Some clients are accessing Mobile App gallery on their computer. Most computers have high security settings and clients are hesitant to access the mobile app site as their webpage warns that the site is not on a secure server (https).

I hope Instaproofs can move to a secure server when you start offering a purchase feature from the app gallery!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send favorites to photographer!!

After marking favorites, clients can email them to photog.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, Kristin! Thank you for the suggestion. Our system currently allows you to view your client’s favorites by doing the following: Click into the “Visitors” page for your event from the “Event List” screen, then click on the number found in the “Favorite Count” column next to your client’s email address. Doing this will display their selected favorites. Will this work for what you are hoping to accomplish?

18. Free or Discounted price once the customer reaches a certain price point

You guys are great and I love the enhancements that you are always adding. I would love to be able to give my customers a free or discounted item if they spend a certain dollar amount,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, Margo! Thank you for this suggestion. I believe that we may already have something that does close to what you’re asking about. The item I am referring to is called a bounce-back discount, and the way it works is if person spends a certain amount of money on an order, they will automatically receive a discount code that they can use towards their next purchase. The discount code can include a specific value (such as $10 off their next order) or a percentage value (such as 20% off their next order). For a tutorial on how to set these up, please see the Bounce-Back Discount tutorial video found here: https://secure.instaproofs.com/administration/university/uni_discounts.php

If you have any questions while setting this up, shoot us an email at support@instaproofs.com!

19. Vendor Downloads

I don't want to give everyone access to download individuals images or favorite files (because then sales would drop), but I do want to allow the vendors I work with the ability to without requiring them to download the entire gallery. This would be a huge time saver for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tina! Thanks for the comment and suggestion. When you set up your galleries you can provide a set of email addresses that are allowed to download the individual images. Then, when that person logs into the gallery, they are given the option to download the images while no one else has the option available. Is this the functionality that you were looking for? For a short tutorial video showing how to set this up, head into the Video Tutorials page within the Setup tab and expand the Digital Downloads area.

20. Important spelling error

I have found a spelling error that appears at the beginning of all galleries in Spanish, is the following:
    "Recivir noticias de eventos"

"recibir" is written with 'b', not with 'v'. For which Spanish is our main language is a very serious spelling error, and in my opinion, does not give a very good image of my work.

Is there any way I can change it? If not, could you do something?If this happens for all users in Spanish, it would improve your image if you change the word to the following correct way: "recibir" with 'b'.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! We received a similar comment a week or two ago and corrected the spelling error at that time. If you are still seeing this error, please let us know exactly where the spelling error is being displayed and we will get it taken care of. Thanks!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Site Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base