How can we improve Instaproofs?

Create discounts that are specific to products

There are quite a few different types of discounts and discount codes that we can give to our clients already, but what I would really like to see is a discount that is specific to products. For example, if I want to run a discount on *just* my High Res DVDs for a weekend, there isn't currently a way to do that. Or if I want to give a discount code out that is good for 20% off my parent albums, there isn't a way to do that. Please add a way to create discounts that are specific to products.

153 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminAdam Ellis (President, Instaproofs, Inc.) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sarah Hannam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is an issue - I want to introduce flash sales on a product like albums. I'd also like to see a way of flash or holiday sales not interfering with my galleries automated opening and closing sales.

• Anna Michalska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Under review from 4 years ago... I would LOVE this feature for selling family session deals around holidays and currently do it through MailChimp but I'd much rather use Instaproofs to do this. Please please please implement this!

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to set up a product or print
    set for a certain number of digital images. For example, I am offering a
    mini session which includes 5 digitals. However, they will have the
    option to purchase additional digital images on top of those 5 free
    ones. My issue with the instant download option (that is set up under
    each event where you designate an email address that is permitted to
    download, and how many) is that I don't want people to mistakenly
    download a photo and come back to me asking for a different one, and
    then they end up with extra digitals. I also don't want them to
    accidentally purchase a digital that they had already downloaded for
    free and have to deal with refunds, etc.

I was thinking that the best way to do this would be to add a product
    with the instant image download option and then limit it to 5 digitals.
    Then they can choose their 5 free and any additional, add to their cart,
    and it can all be done at the same time pretty seamlessly. However, when
    I set this up under my products section, I get an error that the price
    can't be $0, it must be $0.30 or more.

I've also tried to set something like this up through my Print Set
    section; however, I see no way to limit the number available. It is
    either they are all free, or they are all for a fee.

I've also considered providing a discount code, which I would really
    prefer; however, I see no way to limit what that code can be used on (ie
    instant digital downloads rather than prints).

I'd like to make this as simple as possible for my clients and I think
    I've exhausted every option available searching for a way to do this. Do
    you know of a way that I'm just not seeing?

In addition, I would like to offer $10 off a print order of $20 or more,
    but again, I see no option to limit what the discount code can be used
    for.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make changes to improve your discount abilities. It needs to be more flexible to allow you to set a dollar amount or percent off for specific prints, products or digital downloads. I offer print credit that I only want towards prints, not downloads or products. Same is true for digital downloads where I would like to offer a dollar amount discount or percent off and be able to designate what it can be applied towards wether it is prints, products, downloads or all types of items

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YEEEESSSSS!!! Just came over to make this suggestion. So key to have this feature. I really want to do a sale on my digital files (which have my highest profit margin). Please add this option. :)

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? its been 18 months with 96 votes. Lesser voted voted ideas have been implemented. hope we can get this soon.
    Thanks

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to discount digital images (NOT digital downloads!!) like you can in bulk pricing, but obviously not the same image over and over again. - I don't do digital downloads because editing isn't completed until after purchase are made. When you have 5K pictures of recital dancers you don't edit out spare hands and feet until you get paid :-)

Thanks and please, please, please make it happen!

• Armands commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also appreciate if I could create and add a general discount to a particular event myself, and it would appear as a minus amount/ per cent in the cart, so the client would not even have to enter a discount code.

• Tim Arbon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes me too. Regarding the specific size - I would like to be able to offer a product of xxx off if you buy 6 or more small photos - where small could be 5x4, 6x4 or 7x5 - because in reality people don't want all their photos 6x4 to get the discount. Same sort of thing for medium and large product packages. Of course every photographer is going to want to class different things as small, medium and large... so rather than you define that, it would be great to be able to tag each item with our own custom label (e.g. small) and then have a quantity discount when say 6 "small" items are in the basket.

• Richard Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I'd really like this to happen. I was actually really surprised to find it wasn't already in place... I might want to run a 20% discount on one product for a limited time, but there are some products with low margins that I just wouldn't want to do that to. It would be good to be able to select it to a specific size as well

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea Same here.
    I want to be able to give £10.00 of a small print (Cost to me say £0.35p). I Cant just give them a £10.00 off code, because they could use it on a Coffee mug (cost to me say £5.00). So we need to be able to have the ability to individually select what products the code is applicable to.
    Thanks

• Polly Alexandre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen soon! This would be really great & I would use it a lot. The profit margin is so different across different products and this would be really useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base