Skip to content

Site Suggestions

Thanks for taking a few minutes to give your input!

Site Suggestions

Categories

104 results found

1. It would be nice if the music played in the background when you enter the gallery while viewing the pictures not just when you choose to look at them in a slideshow. A lot of times people don't look at the slideshow, they just look at the pictures and usually like that the music is playing when the gallery opens

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brandy! Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, without wrapping the whole site in a large IFrame or without converting the entire site to Flash, there isn’t really a way for us to add music to the background at this time. We could load music at the beginning of each page-view, but the music would stop and start again each time your clients viewed an additional page. And I don’t think that’s what you’re going for! :)

We appreciate the suggestion though, and we will keep it in mind as a potential option for future redesign ideas.

2. When a client of mine views my images, the image is rather small on the left, with the buying options on the right being pretty large.

My suggestion - to boost client engagement and print sale, I think it would be good if the previewed image was much larger and the print option panel was smaller and redesigned to be slicker and more modern.

thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mike! Thanks for the suggestion. Although I am “Declining” this suggestion, it is not because I don’t agree with it. There is just another suggestion that is similar that I think you should cast your vote on instead of this one to help increase its visibility. Please view the following suggestion and add your vote to it instead: https://instaproofs.uservoice.com/forums/191822-site-suggestions/suggestions/7595877-better-photo-viewing Thanks!

3. I can not find wyatt carroll proofs I signed up to your site but it is to long of a process---

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have several customers who would love to be able to purchase from several different event lists at the same time.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Because of the way our overall system was designed, this probably isn’t going to happen anytime soon. However, in cases like “Anonymous” wrote about below, you can create a single event and create multiple categories within the event. This way your clients can still select from your multiple categories and they can checkout using a single shopping cart.

5. I´m friends with Jonathan Canlas and he´s a nice promotor of Instapfoofs and the only problem I see for Instaproofs working in Mexico is that I can not charge in pesos. Hope you can do it soon.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, Oscar. Unfortunately we do not have the option to offer a Mexican Peso payment method. :( Our processor just doesn’t offer a way for us to do that. If it ever becomes an option for us though, we will add it in and let you know!

6. Our clients primarily use instagram to share photos instead of facebook and twitter, so having a share-to-instagram option would be amazing!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow that type of functionality. You can upload photos directly to Instagram and share them that way, but you cannot link to other online photos. In order for your clients to upload the image to Instagram, they will need to purchase/download the image from you, and then upload the image to their Instagram account.

7. Hey guys, Is there anyway to make the prices listed in my store front inclusive of my sales tax rate? I absolutely hate it when I think something is a certain price but then when it gets to enter card info and im slugged with sales tax at the end. I really need to account for GST but I cant change the prices now as Ive already sent out an email saying what the prices are. Can you help me out?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we won’t be able to accommodate this request. :( Since sales tax is generally based on the destination of the purchased order, we have no way of knowing the correct tax amount to charge before the checkout process has begun and the shipping address has been provided.

8. How to set up between those site and my local lab? do i need to get detail from them?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Johnny! We’re closing this suggestion because it looks like it is more of a support question than a suggestion. However, in answer to your question: Our fulfillment services are integrated with two labs (ProDPI and Richard Photo Lab). You may choose to use either of these labs, or you may choose to self-fulfill your orders. Self-fulfilling your orders simply means that you are going to be fulfilling through a lab outside of our system. To fulfill through another lab, simply view the order details that you receive from us and place your order through your lab like you normally would with any other offline order. If you have any additional questions, please email us at support@instaproofs.com.

9. Could you able to get the proof the same like the "blog" on my site - http://www.johnnycorcoran.ie ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A way to choose the 4 pictures that are shown for each category in the event frontpage without changing the order of the picture in the album.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Rather than sending a separate email with a link with an expiration date (which if we're paying for the high res subscription) it should be hassle free and upon clicking the Download Event Link. Making clients go through more hoops is unnecessary.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. The reason that the download link is emailed separately is simply because the zip files are not created until the original link is clicked to get the process started. For events that contain many gigabytes of images, the zipping process can take several minutes. Additionally, each zip file has a 1GB size limit (so that each chunk is more easily downloaded), which can result in several download links being sent in the resulting email.

13. I feel like I'm paying more in commissions to Instaproofs than I would for a service like Pixieset where $30/month gets me the same amount of file storage (200GB) and no commissions are taken out. If I do their annual plan, it's discounted to $288 a year. Since I've joined Instaproofs, I've paid about $258.15 in commissions (in just 8 months). I feel like I would benefit from a monthly plan more than a commission-based plan. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, Hayley! Thank you for your comments and suggestion. There are definitely many options when it comes to services similar to our own, and we appreciate you choosing to use ours over the others! Over the last ten years we have seen quite a few competitors pop-up and then vanish into thin-air a few years later; racing to the lowest price point is something that many of these now-vanished companies have in common. It’s certainly tempting to compare on price alone, and many people do this, but we feel that there is more to a service than the price. The fee we charge covers a very large range of products and services, and we feel our fee is inline with our offerings. There will always be a “company x” that is offering a lower price at any given time (and I am confident that you can find a service that…

14. Can there be a way to drag and drop events instead of being viewed in eaither name/type/date order? Sometimes when I add a new event I want to have it listed as the first one and if that event is named as Wendy & Paul that comes up in the grid as way down. I know I can sort by date and type but I prefer not to put dates on and would love a way I could just drag n drop the arrangment.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion! Unfortunately, without a significant overhaul on the back side of things, this isn’t going to be possible. However, for the example you listed (moving an event to the top) you can actually achieve this by marking an event as “featured.” Featured events display before all other events, and this may help with what you are trying to do.

15. Eliminate the "Process Images" Step in FTP Upload (or create an auto-process option?):

Here's why:
    The goal for a busy studio like ours is to eliminate as many unnecessary and repetitive tasks as possible. When I go to bed at night during the busy season, I often start 2, 3, 4, 5 uploads simultaneously so that the computer and internet are working for me overnight while I'm resting my photo editing-brain. As soon as I get up the next morning, I need to "Process" the images that have already been uploaded overnight. This might take up to an hour or…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the detailed suggestion, Joe. There are tradeoffs and benefits for each of the different upload options, and with FTP the downside is that you need to go back and manually start the process. The primary reasons for this are that we do not know when you are uploading the files or when you are going to be finished uploading the files, or whether you are going to be changing the category names in the FTP area before processing the files in, etc. Also, to make this an automatic process we would need to continually monitor every single event folder (and their subfolders) on the FTP server, for every user. This includes hundreds of thousands of folders, and would not be practical. However, the other upload options (such as the Lightroom uploader, our custom image uploader (PCs only), and the web uploader) do not require you to manually start…

16. I'd like to see an option that allows photographers who do not wish to ship internationally to restrict international customers to purchasing High Resolution downloads.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, since we do not know whether they are going to select an international address at checkout or not, we cannot limit the purchase options based on that criteria. Shipping prices to international clients is definitely more expensive than local shipping, and to avoid collecting too-little shipping we recommend setting up the “International Shipping” option where you can define a higher price for those types of orders.

17. Would like to see an advanced promotions engine implemented to apply promotions AUTOMATICALLY to purchases which meet qualifying criteria.

i.e. Buy 2 get one half price, cheapest item free, pick any three from these categories for $xx, free delivery above certain order value, voucher codes (single use, multiple use, expiry dates etc.)

It would need work from a photographer's perspective, to ensure that our photos are categorised correctly, but would have many benefits.

I use and benefit from the 'Products' capability to give discounts to customers who buy multiple prints, but I have had complaints from customers who don't find…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Right now when any images are favorited, the folder ends up being a jumbled mess with no organization. This is not helpful to the client, or anyone else viewing it! Would love for it to be either organized alphabetically on the public side, or custom options allowed. Our images are part of a story, and having them randomly arranged doesn't showcase them to our clients as I'm sure we'd all like!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This suggestion was originally made for a previous gallery design. The current gallery design lists the favorited images in the order that they were selected for a viewer during their viewing session. Upon returning to the gallery at a later date, the favorites are sorted by category, and then alphabetically. On the photographer's side of things, the favorited images are listed by category, and then by the sequence that the images are displayed in within the gallery itself.

19. I'd like my clients to be able to right click an save photos. How do I enable this?
    John

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new format for inputting data for the listings is confusing - is the old one also still available?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bob, Thanks for the comment! The reason that this is being marked as “declined” is because it is more of a question than a suggestion. In answer to your question, yes, you can access the older site by clicking the “Back to the Older Administrative Site” link found in the bottom-right hand corner of the site. Please email support@instaproofs.com if you have any additional questions.

• Don't see your idea?