Skip to content

Site Suggestions

Thanks for taking a few minutes to give your input!

Site Suggestions

Categories

363 results found

1. I waste a lot of time going through my favorite images in a gallery to find one that suits the strict cropping options offered for featured images. I wish I could move a square crop box around and expand/contract it. My gallery would be much more visually appealing if I had more control over the crop of featured images. Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would love (for ease of use) to see an option to change the expiration of an event by using a calendar date instead of having to add dates. I always end up in a guessing game of adding numbers to target a specific date, i.e. if I want to extend or relaunch an event so it ends after the holidays, having to do the math on each event on how many days between launch and target date is super time-prohibitive. By contrast, if we could type in a date, or choose on a calendar, it would be much more…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! You can now re-activate your galleries in bulk by placing a checkmark next to the galleries you’d like to re-activate (in the list view) and selecting Actions » Change Expiration Date. This allows you to re-activate a set of galleries and set a specific expiration date for them all at the same time.

3. I know that you currently allow a photographer to set up bulk pricing based on the bulk purchase of an individual image but what I want to offer is bulk pricing based on the bulk purchase of any images as long as they are the same size. For instance ,I may want to price one 4x6 at $10 but if a client wants to purchase 10 4x6s (of 10 different images) I may not want to charge them $100 for that, only $80 (or $8 per image). My margin per image would not be as high but a discount like…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Dave! You can actually create a product of this type through the “Products” section within the “Setup” tab. From the products area you can create a multi-image product that allows your clients to select the images to go with it, and you can price that at a discounted rate when compared to your standalone prints.

4. I miss the printer icon to print out orders right on the manage page for orders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. you should let choose the front photo of the event, instead of putting it automatically (the first photo)
    I would like to choose which photo of the event i want to show.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Patricia! Thank you for the suggestion! You can actually already do this, through the “Featured Image” setting for your images. Head into the image list for your event, then click “Edit” next to the image that you would like make the featured image for the event. On the image details screen, select the “featured image” option, and then save your changes.

6. The old page included a print page option that was very useful as you could print out the order with the images for review. This is missing on the new page. You could place it right next to the download symbol.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The vast majority of my images are uploaded in their original aspect ratio which, for some reason, is pixels more than 4x6. When someone orders 178 4x6s, going through each and every single one without making any adjustments is a fairly long and tedious process. And on the occasion when 'crop information is missing' because I've saved before the image loaded in its entirety, there's no way to actually go back to the offending images.. which means going through the entire process again. Is there not a way to enable a 'approve default crop' en mass? Or, if uploaded as…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! There is now an option within the fulfillment process to automatically skip the images that do not require any adjustments (i.e. the digital image and the ordered print size use the same aspect ratio). Your example of the 4×6 images is a good one, since that’s the size that benefits the most from this new option. Next time you’re fulfilling an order look for the “skip exact fit images” option, which is found on the first image within the image cropping process.

8. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love if under "manage order" there was a picture preview next to the file number (not just when the link is clicked). I had a little mix up where for whatever reason my file numbers were slightly off from the ones I had uploaded to instaproofs but I didn't realize it till I had nearly submitted the print order. I had pulled all the files into a folder and then when through and thoroughly retouched each image. Then I was submitting my print order but clicked on one of the preview links to see how the client chose…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Sara! This is actually already available on the “manage order” screen. Directly above the list of ordered prints is a preference labeled “Show thumbnail images”; when you click that option, it displays small copies of the ordered images next to the image names.

10. The default copy now is… "This is just one of the many amazing images from the 'Event name here'...see more great photographs from the event!"

I'd like to tone it down the default message taking out the "greats" and "amazings"

More like "Check out this picture and others from "Event name here" by So and So of Such and Such photography"

Or even…

If you could allow the person posting to change it, if they have something they'd like to say about the photos. (not sure if this one is possible)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion, Cathy! A new setting has been added to the “preferences” page (within the “Setup” tab) that allows you to set the text for this. Within the “preferences” page, expand the “Storefront Misc Options” area and scroll down to the new “Facebook Share Message – Events & Images” option. Adjust the text to be what you would like it to be, and then click the “Update Preferences” button to save your changes. Thanks again for the suggestion!

11. Would love to be able to schedule all of my sales and accompanying bulk emails at once. The sales are schedule, but I have to remind myself to come back and send the bulk email. I'd love to have the option to create a bulk email attached to the sale and they automatically send when the sale kicks in.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality has now been added to the date-range and print-size discounts. Create your templates through the “Bulk Email” page as you normally would, and then associate the template(s) to the discounts through the discount edit screen. You can schedule one email to go out the day before the discount starts, and another to go out the day before the discount ends. (This is only available through the new admin area, so flip to that before attempting to setup this functionality.)

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for making this suggestion! Since you can define your own print sizes, you can currently define them however is most appropriate for you and your business. If you prefer to list your sizes in inches, you can create print sizes such as 5 × 7, etc; if you prefer to list them in cm you could show it as 13 × 18, or if you prefer to show the size in mm you could list it as 127 × 178, etc.

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! You can add a note to the top of your events through the “EVENT NOTES/DESCRIPTION” area on the event details screen. Any notes you add to that area, including any notes about an active discount code, will be shown to your site visitors.

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! When images are uploaded through our web-upload page, each image displays a percentage bar, and an overall completion bar is displayed underneath. After the images have been uploaded and they are being processed into the system, the number of images still in the queue is displayed at the top of the page within the “Events” tab. If you are uploading your images through another method (FTP, Lightoom, etc.), those apps generally have their own progress bars built right into them as well.

15. For discounts created within a certain time frame, I think the storefront ought to show the regular price with a strike through it, and the discounted price next to it, so that customers know right away what sort of discount they are getting. Thanks!

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Clients love categories for ease of quickly finding family photos, portraits, details, etc. It would be awesome to have the option to have the categories and also click some sort of master slideshow button to run the wedding from start to finish without having to start/stop and click slideshow in the different categories. Not a fun user experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be helpful to be able to set download access for clients for the whole event gallery, not just the individual categories within the gallery.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be incredibly helpful (and visually more appealing) to have images in an album to display as a masonry style grid. Each image would retain it's original ratio (instead of being cropped into a square as is currently the case) much like other online proofing sites, flickr, and many social media displays. And excellent example can be seen at: http://pixieset.com/

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually already have this option available to you through the “preferences” page within the “Setup” tab. Look for the “Thumbnail Display Method” preference (found about 20% down the page) and change that option to “Non-cropped, Flow Layout.”

Thanks again for the suggestion!

19. Something that might have been proposed many times already -- but I'm sure if Instaproofs would go multilingual (at least English/French/German/Spanish) your sucess and those of your affiliates/photographers would increase dramatically.

Best regards -

Peter Bubenik

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion, Peter! The storefronts were made multilingual roughly 14 months ago, and the languages include: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Hungarian.

20. Allow for a border on regular prints, so that when framing, photos won't be cropped by frame edges.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?