Skip to content

Site Suggestions

Thanks for taking a few minutes to give your input!

Site Suggestions

Categories

363 results found

1. hi uploaded vi your ftp and lightroom - get a 'processing' message on image - how long do small jpgs take to process

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The size of the image doesn’t necessarily determine the length of time for processing; the time for processing is generally determined by how many images are ahead of your images in the processing queue. For example, if there are thousands of images in the queue before you upload your images, it could take a little bit before yours are complete.

2. I often have to delete 30+ galleries at a time and having to select them and confirm that I want to delete them one by one is tedious and time consuming. An option to select multiple galleries at once and delete them in one swoop would be super appreciated!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Often I have a great image that I look forward to using as the thumbnail for the event, but am not able to as it won't crop correctly with the cropping options available ( top center, middle center, ect ect). Would love to either have the thumbnail be the full image ratio, or have the ability to move the image within the square image. having this flexibility would allow us to use almost any image as the thumbnail. Thanks!!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion! The ability to selected a specific spot, instead of just "top", "bottom", etc. has now been added. Additionally, you can now select the specific aspect ratio for your gallery images so that it is displayed the same, regardless of the type of device being used to view the image.

4. So that I can change the order in which the categories show up on my page. For example, I wrote my wedding categories randomly when I was setting up my categories. But on my weddings, I want the categories to show up in a different order (in the same order as the day). Right now I have the receptions and formals listed before the getting ready category.

I would just like it to be more customize-able.

Thank you!
    Elise

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's super annoying to have to go in and manually manage "orders" that consist only of instant downloads. When there are albums like a photobooth that can end up with dozens of people downloading their photos it ends up being a real time waster to have to set each download order as "shipped".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! This functionality has now been put into place. All orders containing only downloadable products, that have no notes or add-ons attached to them, are now automatically set to “Shipped.”

6. Can we have the ability for customers to choose whether they'd like gloss or matt prints?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! The way that this can be handled is through add-ons. Many photographers generally have a default paper-type that they use, and then use a different paper type only if it is specifically requested by their clients. Through the use of add-ons, you can offer any variety of paper types that you would like. Please shoot an email to support@instaproofs.com if you have any questions about setting up add-ons.

7. Your twitter icon on the event pages (to share on social networks) as you're looking at prints is not the right one. (White bird on rounded corner rectangle button). Instead of looking like a twitter share icon, it looks like a Paperless.com icon.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to be able to have a flexible way to direct customers back to your website. Currently the only way that you can do this is by using the small logo link (it doesn't work with the large logo link that i use). Ideally you would be able to have a link on the top menu that is customizable. Currently with my setup there is no way for a customer to go back to my hosted website other than clicking the back button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion, Brian! It looks like you may have already found the option for this, but for others that may not know how to do add a custom link to their storefront: (1) Click into the Preferences page within the Setup tab, (2) expand the Storefront Homepage section, (3) place a checkmark in the “Display Custom Link” option and add your URL and link text, (4) click Update Preferences to save your changes.

9. add retouching to my price page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion, John! You can actually add options such as this as add-on purchase options. When your clients select a print size, they are presented with a button to view the add-ons/enhancements that are available for that size (if any exist for it). To setup add-ons, click into the “Add-ons” page within the “Setup” tab. If you have any trouble getting these setup, shoot an email to support@instaproofs.com and we’ll help you out!

10. you need to have a summary that shows all charges related to the event and matches the amount that Instaproofs deposits into our bank account. This system does not do this and it is hard for our accountant to match up deposits to these event summaries.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! You can view full details of your deposits by doing the following: (1) Click into the Monthly Summary page within the Orders tab, (2) click on the amount seen in the Paid column, (3) click on the payment date you are interested in viewing. After clicking the payment date, a PDF will display that shows the full payment details. Please email us at support@instaproofs.com if you have any additional questions!

11. It appears that once you have added a contract file to an invoice, there is no way to remove it. Could you add a button to remove a file after it has been attached?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this suggestion! After the invoice has been created there is a button found next to the contract PDF document on the invoice details page that is labeled “Unlink This Document.” You can click on this button to remove the contract from the invoice. Please shoot an email to support@instaproofs.com if you have any additional questions or troubles with this.

12. wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have the "add email" portion permanently on the top of the page so as users are adding them it would be in the same place every time? Im in the process of adding around a hundred for this event and it's getting progressively more obnoxious as I have to scroll past every one I've uploaded in order to reach the "add email" option at the bottom of the page.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sorry this is not an improvement, just something you used to have and with the new storefront I now can't find it:

Where can I enter the client's email so they have the option to hide an image?

Thanks so much,
    Nina

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This option can be found in the event details screen by expanding the “ADVANCED EVENT SETTINGS” area, and then scrolling down a little bit to the item labeled “PERMISSION TO HIDE IMAGES.” If you have any additional trouble locating this setting, please email us as support@instaproofs.com and we’ll send you screenshots, etc. showing where it can be found. Thanks!

14. For every portrait session I do I include a number of digital files of the clients choice. So What I am hoping to be able to do it upload their full gallery under the categories 'digital' and 'film' that they won't be able to download. Then send them the link and have them select the 10 digital files that are included with their session, perhaps as favorites and I will then move those files to another category 'downloads' that they will be able to download.
    It would be great if it was possible to see what my client has selected…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You know at the top you have the choice to have products there or at the bottom? It would be great if we also had the option to upload a banner ad…. so an event could see a special promo just for them. I am in a new market now and am shooting a school play for free but the school is giving my site out for parents to buy prints. I wish I could do a banner add for a special if they book a portrait session with me. :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! You can actually already a note (a message about the event, an ad, or whatever else you might like it to be) to the top of your event by doing the following: (1) Click on the name of your event from the event list, (2) Expand the “ADVANCED EVENT SETTINGS” area, (3) add your text (ad, or whatever) to the the option labeled “EVENT NOTES/DESCRIPTION”, (4) save your settings. And that should do it! Good luck! Thanks again for the suggestion!

16. This is just a first time for me - so while the website is helpful to an extent,-- I am really a visual person and it is bothersome that I cant get a full visual of what my storefront looks like right now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, Patricia! You can find your storefront URL at the top of the Company Info page found with the “Setup” tab, and you can find quick-links into your specific events at the top of the each event details screen (as soon as you have created one or more events). To help you get to it quickly, your storefront URL is: http://schwartzphotography.instaproofs.com/ Please shoot an email to support@instaproofs.com if you have any additional questions.

17. I know it's lazy of me, but I wish I didn't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to login. It'd be nice if it was at the top of the page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello! I think it would be great if we could choose which photo that we'd like to have featured on our front page. I know that technically we can already do it because Instaproofs uses the first image in our gallery as the default feature photo, but I think it would be much nicer if we also had the option to choose our own... only because sometimes my first photo is the opening photo for the story I'd like to tell, but not necessarily the photo that I would use for the "front cover" of the book, if that makes…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! You can actually already do this. :) To select the featured image for your event, click the “Manage” link next to your event, then click the “Manage” link next to the category containing the image you would like to make the featured image. From the image list, click the “Edit” link next to the image you would like to make the featured image, and put a checkmark in the “Featured” checkbox. Hit the “Update” button to save your changes, and you should be good to go! Please shoot an email to support@instaproofs.com if you would like any additional help with this. Thanks again for the suggestion!

19. I'd love to be able to see the image I'm downloading on the back end. Currently, I have to go to Image Details View, memorize the numbers I need, then go to "List View" to be able to download the images.

Would it be possible to add the download button to "Image Details View" as well? Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Honestly I love how pass looks, the photo display for clients is pretty. I love everything about instaproofs except the photo viewing area for clients. I think it could look a lot nicer and function better.

That's all. I'm not leaving or anything:)

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! Thank you all for your patience and your suggestions! The new storefront design has now been released (in August 2016) and it includes significant design and functionality improvements throughout.

1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?