Skip to content

Site Suggestions

Thanks for taking a few minutes to give your input!

Site Suggestions

Categories

104 results found

1. I have some products which require a circular crop (such as badges, plates, Coasters etc), but at the moment the customer only has the opt,on of a square crop.

Perhaps in the print sizes option we could have a tick box next to each print size and if ticked, a crop is mandatory for any product or print using that print size, and the crop would be circular.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul! Unfortunately, we don’t think the circular crop is going to be possible for us at this time. Maybe you can add a note to your product that explains that although they are selecting a square crop, the final product will trim the edges and be circular? Good luck!

2. Since you have the Mobilde apps now, I would suggest a checkbox with the option to create the mobile app instantly when creating the event itself. For photographers like me who usually have no more than 50 images per gallery/event, that would be very handy.
    And if the photographer chooses to create the app, it could appear as a link in their event gallery.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Do you have any plans to have a printer like Loxley Colour in the uk to deal with fulfilment? I have kept up my Smugmug site to do this but would swap over 100% to you if this was available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd love to be able to see the number of installs {ideally unique} so that I can set goals and reward customers for sharing their images!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It was on our ORDERS page.
    I'll send you a screen shot if you'd like.
    Cathy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know! Yes, please send a screenshot to support@instaproofs.com. The reason that this suggestion was give a “declined” status was simply because it should probably be sent to our support department instead of being put in as a suggestion. We appreciate you reporting the problem though!

6. Even if I upload only ONE image, it alone seems to take 20 minutes. Even though I have one of the speediest Windows 8.1 platforms there is. How can you help me? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We did not receive our check mailed 9/05/2014

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm going away for some time (5/6months) next week and I need my galleries to be visible to clients but for them to not be allowed to purchase as I won't be able to fulfil any orders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank for you the suggestion. Unfortunately, due to abuse by some photographers this option cannot be accommodated. Through the “preferences” page within the “Setup” tab you may put your storefront into “Vacation Mode”, and that will cause a “on vacation” type of message to be displayed to your visitors. Once you come back from your trip/vacation/etc when the storefront is taken out of vacation mode, the previous visitors will receive an email to let them know it is back up again. Another option is to work with another friend/photographer and have them manage the storefront while you are out.

9. You're using JavaScript (jQuery) to create a onmouseover transition on the eventList. A CSS transition would work just as well and would enable us to override your settings with a store.css file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please. I have the same clients for many galleries. Other than trusting them with a fee shipping code they always have to play shipping twice. Clients really need to be able to order from multiple galleries in the same cart.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion and your votes! Unfortunately, this is not something that we can do with our back-end system at this time. Future version of the service may include this ability, but it is not currently possible without a complete re-write. :(

11. I am a High-Res subscriber. It is currently a long process if I wanted to allow a client to download their images for free. I have to create a discount code, then they have to add the download to their cart, then enter the discount code, then they have to enter all their information and even their mailing address (even though it won't be used) and finally they can get to the download link. I know this isn't a main function of Instaproofs so I'm sure it wouldn't be a high priority, but it would definitely be a nice feature!…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Since our only fees come from the orders that are placed through the storefronts, encouraging additional free downloads is not something that we are currently looking to do. We do not have a problem with the way you are doing it, but our hope is that you are using your storefront as a way to help you make money rather than just as a distribution platform.

12. I need to import from Flickr

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to suggest multiple currencies as a premium feature. I think Instaproofs shopping cart should allow the user to select between different currencies for their payment, the same way Zenfolio and SmugMug are now doing. I know supported currencies today are USD, Euros, GBP, AUD and CAD, but those are available only for the photographer, at the moment of setup. Why not make all of those available to our clients via a drop-down menu inside their gallery? Payment to the photographer could still be done via the currency chosen at the moment of setup. Actually, client payment could…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. After much research and debate we feel that this isn’t something that we will offer anytime in the foreseeable future. With how quickly exchange rates change (hundreds of times per day), listing an estimated price in a currency other than the photographer’s selected currency has the possibility of creating too much customer confusion when they receive billing statements for amounts different than what they saw on the site.

14. Please add a "Get List" feature to the shopping cart, just like in the Favorites folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi, I would love if there was a way to sort images by filename so they are uploaded in order. Mine are all over the place! I have to move every individual image on its own, a way to select more than one image at a time to move would be easier too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it more friendly for phones. Vs. when you view it, it gives you the full site like you're on a computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we add the file share to only the two text boxes that assign hide and show rights? I dont want to share with all visitors, just the two I choose. More than two users can be handled on another time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. it would be great to highlight several items to move rather than individual ones

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I understand that the general section is designed to protect against frivolous law suits, but it offers the user nothing to lean on in return. Boilerplate "we own your ass" in all cases language is not an effective way to maintain a relationship. I know a lot of people are spitting out these kinds of docs, but one the reasons I like instaproofs is that it is not a marketing email repository and the supporting verbiage began like a relationship rather than the prevailing borg-like view of providing services.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry that you feel that way. The reason for the “boilerplate language” is because of the dishonest people in the world. Unfortunately we have to work with the good and the bad, For most people the service agreement simply means “you do your part, we’ll do ours”, but when someone comes along and does things that are harmful to others, we need to protect ourselves and the person’s customers as well as we can.

20. When I go to ftp my files to the event, I have to search for the event id number in the preferences/info area. I would really like to see the id # listed right next to the name of the event...in the events tab, where all the events are listed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?