Skip to content

Site Suggestions

Thanks for taking a few minutes to give your input!

Site Suggestions

Categories

362 results found

1. It would be a huge time saver if we could change the pricing template for an entire category at once. We accidentally uploaded 700+ images to the wrong template and don't want to just delete & re-upload because people are holding items in their carts. The only way to fix this is by changing one image at a time >.<

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My black and whites are washed-out with your default preview. There should be a way to adjust this. If my blacks rock in the color image, they should correlate at least somewhat.

As it is right now, I can't show my clients your default.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the note! Our processing software was updated a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like this was an unseen consequence from the update. The images have now been adjusted, and they are now looking much better once again! Thanks for pointing this out!

3. I really need to be able to customize my price sets. I shoot all kinds of different events and my prices vary. It is not feasible for me to stick to just one set.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! You can actually already do this. If you haven’t already done so, you can create multiple pricing templates through the “pricing/shipping” page within the “Setup” tab, and you can then assign the different templates to the images within your different events. You can even mix-and-match the pricing templates within a single event through the “edit” page for the individual images. If you need a little help getting started with this, shoot an email to support@instaproofs.com and we can walk you through it. Thanks again for the suggestion!

4. Hi everyone, Could it be possible to display print sets before print sizes? I'd love to encourage ordering sets & packages over individual prints. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I absolutely love Instaproofs! It would be nice to have the photographer login at the top of the entrance site rather than at the bottom. Just an idea! Thank you for all you do!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Jenna! There is actually already a link at the top of the page as well. Click the icon on the right-side that looks like the shadow of a person, and it will allow you to login from there.

Thanks for the kind words!

6. Let people know how to Close My Account

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like the option to remove the Delicious and Google Plus links and add Pinterest. Who really uses Delicious anymore?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion as well, Kyle! The ability to select your own social bookmark options (including Pinterest) has now been added to the system. To select your options head over to the “preferences” page and look for the item labeled “Social Bookmark Preferences.”

8. Watermarking the thumbnails is not necessary and quite ugly when you are looking at a page of hundreds of thumbnails. I want my full size previews to be watermarked, but I would love to see an option to have non-watermarked thumbnails. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the great suggestion! This has now been put into place. You can now enable/disable the thumbnail watermarks through the “preferences” page. Look for the item titled “Display Watermarks on Thumbnail Images” (about 2/3 of the way down the page).

Thanks again!

9. It's incredibly annoying that the default 'featured image' crop is the top section of the photo. It has resulted in my gallery looking pretty weird. If there has to be an automatic crop I think it should be central. Better than that, allow custom cropping.
    Thankyou!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the suggestion! You can actually already select the crop location for the featured image. Head into the image list, click “Edit” next to your featured image, and then select the crop preference for your image.

10. If the user selects a print size that is not full-frame (like an 8x10), can we force default crop marks so that they either approve the default or have to select their own crop?

I often have users that select an 8x10 or 5x7 but do not set crop marks and I can't always tell what part of the image will be ok for them to lose (or they may not realize at all that some part of the image will be cut off). This eliminates any possible error.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We actually have something that may work for you already. In the “preferences” page within the “Setup” tab there is an option called “Image Cropping Options”; if you set that option to “View & Custom Cropping” it will display the default crop area for their selected sizes automatically. If your client doesn’t select to custom crop the image at that point, the default crop should be considered as “approved.”

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I understand that the developers are working on adding the ability to use a place holder image. At the present time, if we add our own place holder image, the event is activated and our 270 day limitation is imposed. This often expires the event before the date of the event.

In the meantime, while the developers are working on changing the code to allow a place holder, can you change the code to delay activation of the event until such time as 2 or more images are added? This way, we can add one image (the place holder) and…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to have a full download for a Category. For example we photographed a Cheer Competition, it would be nice to have one event for the competition and each team as a Category.

Since we sell the full download by team we had to set up several events.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for your patience with this! There weren’t a lot of votes or comments asking for this particular option, but we can see it’s value and you may now sell Category Downloads! To setup a category download option, head into the “Print Sizes/Sets” page within the “Setup” tab, and click the “Create New” button at the bottom of the page to setup a new print set. In the print set details select the “Category Instant Download” option, and then define your option as you would any other product. Once the option has been created, don’t forget to add a price for it in your pricing template(s). Thanks for the suggestion!

14. If you could provide the ability to switch to a French version of the site. Or if we could provide and apply our own translation resource file and activate a language selection button on the pages.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! The current gallery design is setup to automatically display in the following languages based on the viewer’s language setup on their device: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, Italian, German, Hungarian. The user can also switch between languages if they would like through the drop menu found within the gallery.

15. Make the item name column in the cart larger. Photographers already have naming conventions than they can't necessarily switch from just for Instaproofs. If it can't be resized (right now - I've got tons of extra space in the 'item size' column, but the 13-characters in the item name makes me mouse over every single image I have to retouch. I have a client who brought this to my attention because she was trying to decide between items, and kept stuff in her cart to decide, but couldn't use it to help her because the pages kept printing out blank…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have increased the limit on the name to 20 characters. Longer than this and it makes everything else a bit too squishy. Many people sell add-ons and print sets that take up addition space in the “size” and “extras” columns, so limiting that amount of space in those columns would not work for them. We hope that limit increase this will allow the best of both worlds. Thanks again!

16. I am trying to reactivate a TON of expired events for a last-chance holiday/end-of-year sale...

Please tell me there's a way to do this in bulk instead of going in to each single event and guessing/calculating the amount of days from the event launch until my target date for every.single.different.event ... this will literally take all day :/

If there isn't, can you look into this for your next round of updates? Thanks for considering!

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! You can now re-activate your galleries in bulk by placing a checkmark next to the galleries you’d like to re-activate (in the list view) and selecting Actions » Change Expiration Date. This allows you to re-activate a set of galleries and set a specific expiration date for them all at the same time. We know that it’s been a long time coming, but thank for your patience and your support!

17. I spend alot of time keywording my photos in lightroom so that i can quickly find pictures of players or artists.
    However, once I upload everything to IP, that's all lost and it's an added layer of hunting for clients to find the pictures of the people they are looking for.

Is there a way to allow for the LR plugin to keep the keywords and/or to add keywords in the image manage/edit area?

That I haven't done it up until now is my own laziness but I am surprised there's no keyword functionality. Unless I'm completely missing something.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Since we specifically requested additional details on this, and since no additional details have been added by the original poster in the ensuing 12 months, this suggestion is being marked as being complete.

18. I can't figure out how to upload a single photo! So confusing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the comment. Because the system involves getting multiple things (such as prices, sizes, etc.) setup before you can upload, there is a 10 minute “getting started” video that shows how to go from a new account to selling your images. Take a quick watch of that video (found in the Setup tab), and everything should be made clear. You can also shoot us an email or start a live chat session with our support team, and we would be happy to help you out.

19. It would be great if once an album is selected there would be an option to choose the images that are to go in it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Eleonora, Your clients can currently do this through the use of multi-print products. Please see the video titled “Multi-Image Products (4.5 Minutes)” that is found within the list of videos displayed in “Setup” tab.

20. Discount days apply to storefront gift certificates!?
    HELP!
    I need to turn this off somehow!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)